Saturday, January 2, 2010

Painting Project in California

While we were visiting in California My Sister-In-Law thought it would be a great idea to get some input on painting her house.  Afterall after living there for over five years it is due for some changes; never mind the fact while she was gone at work one day I deceded to take all her framed photos down and rehang them around the living room.

Off Sara and I went to find paint samples to intise Gilbert . . .  You should know his favorite color is any shade of blue and the only color blue . . .  We found a few colors that would work nicely in their home and Sara really wanted to have a blue/brown themed living room.  Needless to say Gilbert did not like any of the colors we choice so off he went to find his own.  After serious debate as to wether it was to dark, too bright, matching and not matching we found the right shade.  Thanks to Lowes (and our friend Nick the Valspar Rep. in Utah) they choice China Blue for the main wall in their living room.

I would like to note that I LOVE textured walls, but I never had any idea how difficult they are to paint when you are only going to paint one wall!  My goal this year to to figure out a nice way to have that perfectly cut in line without it bleeding around the edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment