Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve


As a family we decided that it would be best that we drew names and did a gift exchange; and for the younger boys we also agreed that no one could spend more than $5.00 and something of the gift had to be homemade.

It was a HUGE success and everyone loved the gift they gave and the gift they received!

Micah picked Kaylab - He made Kaylab a football holder out of on of those kits from the Home Depot.

Tanya picked Preston - I made Preston a half of dozen CD's with all the country music and songs I knew he would love to have - Boys of Fall is his favorite!!

Sam picked Tanya - And I LOVED my gift! Sam bought me a DVD about four 'brothers' who had been raised by their foster mother and come back together during her funeral and his homemade gift was a CD of songs that he chose for various reasons and my all time two favorites were on there; You're Gonna Miss This which makes me always cry thinking that one day Sam will be gone away from our home living his life and the other song was Boys of Fall which I cry to also. I was never a true LOVER of football, but there was something about sitting in the stands watching YOUR BOY play!

Kaylab picked Micah - Kaylab made Micah Banishing Muffins (and some for the whole family) and had sewn a bag during home economics.

Preston picked Sam - So Preston and I made Sam a huge can (to use to save his change) and we filled it will his favorite trail mix.

After wards we all piled into the Tahoe with some hot chocolate to go drive around and look at some Christmas Lights before heading off to bed.  I am proud to say everyone was tucked into their bed before 10 and was able to get a good nights sleep - Kaylab and I were starting to get a cold!!

No comments:

Post a Comment