Friday, October 22, 2010

Last Home Game for the Titans!!

Each Player presented the 'mom' with flowers before they ran down the line to join their teammates.
Tonight was bitter sweet; I am looking forward to not being on the go so much come Thursday and Fridays, but I am also going to miss seeing Sam step out on the field with the Titans wearing jersey number #68!

It was Senior Night and all the 'parents' were going to be able to walk with their Senior out on the field.  Sam's mom Gretchen came up for the evening and was able to join us on the field, the DOWNFALL was that several days prior to this I had a call asking if Micah and I would be there and I gave them our name in addition to his mom's name (after-all where would Micah and I be if she hadn't given birth to Sam and trusted us to care for him).  

As the parents were walking out onto the field the song Boys of Fall by Kenny Chesney is playing in the background and I am already an emotional mess that I am fitting back the tears.  This only gets more emotional when I watch Sam and his mom hugging and I see his eyes tearing up and Gretchen doing the same - I know I am a crybaby and I don't care!  Micah and I both get a chance to hug Sam who seems to have grown two feet wearing his pads . . .  I hold it together pretty well and am very proud of myself!

In numerical order the players are announced # 66 . . .#67 . . . #75!?!?!?  What Sam in number #68 and his name is not Hunter!!!!  I see the look of panic come over the faces of the people who have put this together - no it was not the announcer who made a mistake because he keeps on going #76 . .  Rush!  Seriously people we stood there waiting while three other players were announced before someone was finally able to get to the sky-box and tell them Sam's name and announce Micah and Tanya Mower.  Who the heck is that??
Maybe it was meant to be so that I didn't sob like a baby, maybe it was meant to be so that Sam has some time to feel like he was actually apart of the Varsity game that night . .  who knows and who cares it was how it was meant to be and it gave Sam a chance to have the spotlight on him once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment