Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sam's answer to Sadie Hawkins

Sam has been so busy with school, football practice and working that I thought I would help him out this week with his response to the girl who asked him to Sadie Hawkins.

I secretly enjoy these kinds of activities, but at the same time I hate them too!  I find the whole idea of asking for each dance silly and overwhelming - partly because I feel like we just had Homecoming 2-3 weeks ago and here we are again doing the same thing AGAIN!  

I really enjoy trying to find new ways to ask and answer; I think many of the ideas have been done so much that it has LOST the newest and fun out of it.  I am thankful to say my boys (Chaze included) found unique ideas and made it fun for the girls and themselves.

This idea was bit and pieces that Micah and I came up with - In fact while we were at the dollar store we saw the gum ball machine and gum balls and agreed it would get used for SOMETHING.  By the time we got home we knew we would write a message on the gum balls . . . Micah suggested just saying Yes, and then came up with GUM and get me!

And of course I thought that was too easy so I came up with "GUM and get me I think we would have a BALL at Sadie Hawkins <3, Sam" I than placed all the gum balls into the gum ball machine and hot glued it shut so it wasn't easy to open.  And the GRAND FINALE I packed the machine into the box with confetti and hot glued it shut! :)  From there I packaged it in some shrink wrap and more confetti topped with a BIG bow.

No comments:

Post a Comment