Saturday, October 9, 2010

Temple Square


The weather wasn't that great today, but the dark clouds made for some amazing background shots while Robin and I were out and about.  Our tour of  Temple Square was a QUICK one, after-all, it was 5:15pm and Sam was getting off work at 5:30pm.

As Robin and I were walking around I was quickly reminded of how long Robin and I have been friends (20 years now) and how easy it is for us to just pick up right where we left off.  It is such a true quote something to the effect of great/best friends are those who can pick up five years later right where you left off!

For those of  you not familiar with the Tanya & Robin story I will make it QUICK.  We sat next to each other 8th grade year in Miss Morgan's English class at Moore Jr. High in Redlands, CA and we also rode the same bus after school.

I don't recall exactly how or what we talked about, but we became friends over time (mostly at school) and when my mom and I moved my Freshman year to Paso Robles, CA Robin and I became pen-pals . . . YES we used actual paper,pens and stamps as a form of communication.  For the next several years we developed creative ways to write letters, talked on the 'home' phone prior to email and text messaging.  This went on through high school and eventually Robin would come to stay in Paso Robles during the CA Mid-State Fair where we would spent countless hours talking and walking.

After high school life changes and you become YOUNG and DUMB, even though we often grew apart we always found a way back and picked up right where we left off.  This went on through our 20's and when the day came that I got married - I knew that Robin would be right beside me!   

"They say true friends go long periods of time without speaking 

and never question their friendship. 

These friends pick up like they just spoke yesterday 

regardless of how long it has been or how far they live 

and they don't hold grudges."

 

I am often criticized for not being overly friendly or accepting of peoples 'friendship'  but the truth is when  you have a friendship like I have had with Robin it is hard to believe and accept that all people are that real and  genuine.  And even though we let time get the best of us there is one thing I know for sure; Robin is the kind of friend that I can count on til the end!  Love ya girlie - here is to another 20 years as friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment